The Rise and Fall of the Future traces the story of America’s evolving thinking about the future, from the wondrous visions on display at the 1939 New York World’s Fair to dystopian visions of the 1970s and 1980s. It’s a story of the nation’s optimism–born of faith in itself, in technology, and in consumerism–and of a pessimistic turn that ushered in a sense of the future lost.
- New York readers, you can order The Rise and Fall of the Future from the Upper West Side’s Book Culture here.
- Boston and Cambridge readers can order The Rise and Fall of the Future at Harvard Book Store here.
- International readers and friends, The Rise and Fall of the Future is also available from Lehmanns (Germany), Booktopia (Australia), Saxo (Denmark), Mighty Ape (New Zealand), Waterstones (UK), Eurospan (UK), Foyles (UK), Bol.com (Netherlands), and other bookstores.
- The Rise and Fall of the Future — Available direct from McFarland Publishing here.
- You can also get the book from online booksellers such as Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Books a Million.
Book Jacket: McFarland Publishers.